Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Welcome

Post subject: Welcome
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:18 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to LankaLibrary Forum, the meeting place for those who are interested in Sri Lanka, it’s history, culture and her people. Join the LankaLibrary community, talk to your friends and keep in touch with other Sri Lankans! Feel free to post your comments or exchange your thoughts with others. You can create a new forum and be a moderator too. Have fun! :wink: :D

Post subject: Thank you
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:39 am 
Dear People: :D
I am a Christian living in Orlando, Florida. I am doing a report on Sri Lanka for my Bible Institute class. My heart go to all of you great people of Sri Lanka and all the other countries devastated by the Tsunamis.
Thank you for this wonderful website.

Sincerely,

Miriam
:lol:

Post subject: hi
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:37 am 
[size=7]hi i know some people in sri lanka and they moved to australia not long ago(about 10 years)
ok so im not from sri lanka but the culture is soooooo facernating :oops:
well im only a teenager so i better lat you go

:twisted: chekkie_girl :twisted:

Post subject: will be visting sri lanka soon
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:26 am 
hello.. my name is Christina and i will be visiting sri lanka in about a couple weeks or so. we'll be staying in tangalle for about 4 months or so to aid in reconstruction efforts. i've never traveled over seas, so i'm a bit nervous about going. does anyone have any tips...? How's the food there?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:08 am 
Hi Krista,
Tangalle is a beautiful nice place with great people. I am sure you will enjoy your stay there. However be prepared for a cultural schock. It is a different world and a different culture. Sea is beautiful and beach is great. Most of the people are poor but very friendly. I hope you will like it. Enjoy your stay...
Peter

Post subject: Hello
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:13 am 

Hi everyone!

I have placed a link to this wonderfull WebSite on http://www.mazungue.com/en where I am the administrator.

It is on the front page of our forum community under World Cultures and People.

As a new member of the lankalibrary forum, I'm looking forward to stop by often and learn with you all. I'll see you around.

Thank you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:38 am 
I got alot of information on your country. I am very sorry for the many loses your country has experienced. I pray that you will be able to recover much of what is recoverable. I will keep praying for those whom were lost in the tsunami. May there souls rest in peace.

Arabella C. Montalvo
USA

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:40 am 
Thank you for such an extensive web site on Sri Lanka. I am amazed at the information listed. I am especially enjoying the cultural history of the people of Sri Lanka. My prayers are with your country and its people for their recovery. Marie Soden, USA

Post subject: wonderful site
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:38 pm 
Thank you for the Lanka Library. I just discovered it today. It is a
wonderful site, and I just bookmarked it.

Kate Sathi :P

Post subject: Kandy
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:03 am 
Hello!

It is a plesure to read your artc. Keep up the good work.

Best wishes.

A Kandy lover, Norway
:lol:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:36 am 
Quote:
Thank you for such an extensive web site on Sri Lanka. I am amazed at the information listed. I am especially enjoying the cultural history of the people of Sri Lanka. My prayers are with your country and its people for their recovery. Marie Soden, USA

Post subject: report of sorts on Sri Lanka
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:38 am 
Quote:
My daughter is doing a report of sorts on Sri Lanka. They were to do a brochure on a country and we chose Sri Lanka due to the fact it was one of the countries affected by the Tsunami and she wanted people to know it still is a nice place to visit. :D 8.) :)
Pamela Baker, USA

Post subject: vegetarian person
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:40 am 
Quote:

1) please add pictures of six heavens
2)please include value of being a vegetarian person,why should we refrain from partaking of beef

janaka padma kum, Sri Lanka

Post subject: WATER AND SANITATION SOLUTIONS
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:41 am 
Quote:
I would like to come Srilanka and help in WATER AND SANITATION SOLUTIONS SETUP. I am expert in Production of PLASTIC TANKS. Please contact me on admin@dkcan.com

Darshan Patel, KENYA

Post subject: May there souls rest in peace
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:43 am 
Quote:
I got alot of information on your country. I am very sorry for the many loses your country has experienced. I pray that you will be able to recover much of what is recoverable. I will keep praying for those whom were lost in the tsunami. May there souls rest in peace. Arabella C. Montalvo, United States

Post subject: Thank you for this wonderful website
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:45 am 
Quote:
Dear People: I am a Christian living in Orlando, Florida. I am doing a report on Sri Lanka for my Bible Institute class. My heart go to all of you great people of Sri Lanka and all the other countries devastated by the Tsunamis. Thank you for this wonderful website. Sincerely, Miriam

Post subject: Youth With A Mission - Switzerland
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:47 am 
Quote:
Hello, My name is Krystle. I am apart of a group of eight individuals between the ages of 18-26. We have been training with a world missions organization called Youth With A Mission. We are coming to Sri Lanka to serve the people any way we can. We arrive in Sri Lanka on March 24th and we will be there for about 50 days. Based on your ad in the Lanka Virtual Library, it is my understanding that you need help. If we can come and be of any assistance to you at all please let me know. If this is not the type of aid you seek, I would like to know that as well. Thank you so much for considering our assistance. Krystle Allison Youth With A Mission Lausanne, Switzerland

Post subject: very impressed with your website
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:48 am 
Quote:
I was very impressed with your website. I have used it as an information source to refer many people who wish to contribute to the tsunami victims relief funds in the US. Keep up the good work.
Prof . Sarath Gunatilake, USA

Post subject: Sri Lanka
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 pm 
Hi, my name is Stacey i live in the United Kingdom. I sell holiday homes in Sri Lanka. I would just like to say that Sri Lanka is a great place to live and visit. it caters for everyone. The people are beautiful and so kind. I hope by selling holiday homes all over Sri Lanka that we are benifitting the country as a whole!

Good luck Sri Lanka, i have much faith in you!

Post subject: hii
 Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:58 pm 

HI am Sheila..new to this site, and I like it a lot..it's upto date about what's happening in SRi Lanka..very nice site, keep it up!!

Post subject: Hello everybody!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:42 pm 

Hello my name is Helen, I'm a student living in Italy. I found this forum, and I find it very interesting!We can change our experience and information from every country!Bye :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:20 pm 
Thank you, i am a new by and i am really glad to be here.

Board index » General Topics » Welcome