Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Arts & Entertainment » Short Stories

Post subject: My father
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:57 pm 
My father

Gayanthi De Silva, Grade 6, Sacred Heart Convent, Galle
28Jan2006 / ws

My father is Priyantha De Silva. His mother is Prema De Silva. She is a retired teacher. His father is Arthur De Silva. He is a retired Licensed Surveyor. His wife is Sargarika De Silva.

My father was educated at Richmond College, Galle. He entered the Moratuwa University and did a National Diploma in Technology (N.D.T.). He first worked at the bag factory in Mattakkuliya. Then he was a manager at Hiyalka Textiles, Wadduwa. While he was working he did several exams, C.E.I. and M.B.A. Then he applied for a job at Puttlam Cement Company. He rose to the position as Operations Manager. He was sent to several countries such as Switzerland, France, Malaysia, India and Bangkok.

He was liked by everybody and was duty conscious. He was very fond of his parents and never forgot to call and inquire about them.

He had a lovely car. It was red. It was given by the company. He took us to the park, to Galle and several other places in his lovely car.

One Poya day he had gone to the factory. He was informed that the machine had stopped working. He went to that place with another engineer. But alas! The engine had started and the hot cement had fallen on to their bodies. They died on the spot.

I can remember how people flocked into my house. It was a very sad day for all of us. We are very unlucky to lose our father. He loved us all.

He was a good father to my brother and me, a beloved husband to my mother, an obedient son to his parents, a precious brother to his brother and a good friend to all.

I miss you my dear father. I hope and pray you will be my father again and again. I love you Darling father!!

May you attain Nibbana!.

Board index » Arts & Entertainment » Short Stories