Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Needs Information

Post subject: Attack by the Japanese at Easter 1942
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:11 am 
Dear Sir,

I read your article on the attack by the Japanese at Easter 1942 but was surprised that you did not mention the second attack on the following Thursday 9 April on the harbour of Trincomalee. I was working in the Naval Office at the time of the raid, my father, Commander G Harden,
DSO being King's Harbour Master there and with the navigator of HMS Hermes was responsible for navigating the ships out of the harbour. I have written a full account of the campaign in my book A Tale of Two Sisters by Anne Harden. publ in 2002. I hae also written articles. It seems sad not to mention this second raid when there were more casualties, I think than in Colombo. I am now living in Bath.

Anne Harden

Post subject: good old days
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:18 am 
Dear Ms. Harden,

Thank you for this note. As you can imagine it is not easy to get detailed articles on these WW2 attacks. Is there any chance you can send us articles written by you about your Sri Lankan days? We will post them in the site with credits and copyright to you. If you can also forward any photographs of those good old days, It will be very much appreciated.

Best regards,
LankaLibrary Admin.

BTW, Australians are now making a documentary on this attack on 9th April 1942. You can get some details in the below link:

http://lankalibrary.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=985

Post subject: Battle for Ceylon - A Tale of Two sisters
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:21 am 
Dear Sir,

Of course I would be delighted to send you a copy of my article on the battle for Ceylon and also some photos I have. You'll find this an expanded version of what appears in my book A Tale of Two sisters published by Amazon and I think still available . If you cant get a copy I have one for £9.50 at this address - 8 Dahlia Gardens, Sydney Gardens, Bath BA2 6NP Tel 01125 316929. I will try and get the copy of the article to you when I have my cousin to help me as I am not terrible clever with e-mails!

Yours sincerely
Anne Harden

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:13 am 

Hi Folks,

For those who are interested some pictures of the Hermes in its current state, it can be found at www.DiveSriLanka.com. I have dived the hermes three times and it has been one of the most exciting dives in my life.

Regards
Dharshana
www.DiveSriLanka.com

Board index » General Topics » Needs Information