Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Classified & Announcements

Post subject: The Anchorman's Toronto Tsunami Fundraiser on May 7
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:16 am 
Site Admin

Sri Lanka and Asia's king of pop...

Alston Koch on Song for The Anchorman's Toronto Tsunami Fundraiser on May 7

By Dirk Tissera

TORONTO - After being one of the principal presenters alongside international superstars such as Kelly Clarkson, Hoobanstank, Linkan Park, Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin, Sri Lankan born Australian Alston Koch, has now been invited to the Pacific Music Awards on April 29, in Papeete (Tahiti). He then jets into Canada for a once-only live performance in Toronto on Saturday, May 7 and in Washington DC on May 14.

Alston is all revved up and looking forward to performing here at The Anchorman’s Tsunami fundraiser dinner/dance at the Payal Banquets and Convention Centre, 3410 Semenyk Court, Mississauga. Doors open at 6.45pm. He will be singing some of the more popular hit songs of the 60's and 70's - as he is expecting many nostalgic Sri Lankan fans to be at both functions.

Alston will be belting out hits of Tony Brent and Bill Forbes, to name a few from the days gone by and a whole string of 'Oldies but Goodies'. “The band featuring veterans Tony Samaranayake, Raja Jalaldeen, Clarence Corera, Sherwin Jayah and Shanaka Viswakula will be sizzling as it consists the 'hottest' Lankan musicians,” Alston said. Harsha Viswakula, DJ par excellence will add his magical spin to the night.

“All my recording life (17 years with BMG RCA Records) I was restricted to doing songs for the mainstream music industry audiences all over the world, but with this band, I can now really get down to doing some of our favourite melodies - Yes, the ones that were popular in Ceylon… when we all left it…so long ago.”

“I will only be doing a few 'Disco' songs as that is what I was famous for in Australia and Europe and the hits I had in the past … but I promise to keep them all in good spirits and it will be an evening to end all evenings.” “I am also looking forward to the spicy curry in Toronto….which I am told is the best! I have a lot of friends and relations in Toronto and Washington, some of them I have lost touch with over the years and I hope to see them all at both shows. As it is not too far away from New York I may have a few friends dropping in from over there too, which will be great.!!!”

“I had the opportunity of meeting Dirk Tissera in Dubai when I headlined at the Intercontinental to open their new 'Bubbles' Discotheque many years ago and it will indeed be good to see him and his family again. Alston’s trip to Canada is being sponsored by Hawridge Developments, Mt Maunganui - New Zealand. The Anchorman will undertake due diligence and research into selecting a multi-ethnic children's orphanage in Sri Lanka. Proceeds of the event will then be donated to that institution. More details will be made available to our readers shortly.

Call The Anchorman at 416 264 9514 and book your tickets early for a fabulous evening of world-class entertainment and dance. A sumptuous sit down dinner and a host of prizes and surprises is slated for a night of unsurpassed elegance and glamour.

Post subject: Awesome !
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:12 am 
It's so great to know these guys are getting together.
Nostalgically speaking, I would strongly encourage people to attend this dance.
Great job 'Anchorman' ! We wish you all the success.

Board index » General Topics » Classified & Announcements